Prepay Membership enables an organization to cover the whole cost of publishing for their researchers when publishing in a BioMed Central, Chemistry Central or SpringerOpen open access journals. No additional fees will be paid by individual authors. This is an advance payment system whereby customers pay upfront for accepted articles authored by their researchers to be processed and published. Upon publication, the full article-processing charge (APC) for the journal in question, minus a loyalty discount, will be deducted from the account.
What are the benefits of Prepay Membership?
- Researchers from Member organizations do not have to pay anything directly for publishing in a BioMed Central, Chemistry Central or SpringerOpen journal and are recognized through IP or password recognition.
- Members decide how much they pay upfront depending on their budget. You can choose to cap your account to a defined amount so you don't have to worry about spending more than you can afford.
- The higher the amount paid in advance, the greater the loyalty discount given on each APC.
- Email alerts are sent to administrators each time an article is submitted.
- Online statistics are available 24/7 to allow customers to view article submissions and publications from their organization. The reporting user guide gives an overview on how to best access and use this tool.
FAQs about Prepay Membership
What is the amount for an article-processing charge?
The APC differs depending on the journal in question, more information is available here. The higher the amount of the advance payment, the greater the loyalty discount given on the full APC. The APC is set in the GB Pound Value whilst the US Dollar and Euro Values vary with the exchange rate.
Even though APCs are set in the GB Pound value, the Membership prepayment invoices sent to customers can be in US Dollars, Euros or GB Pounds depending on their location.
How much should I deposit in the credit account?
Your Sales Representative will inform you of how many articles were published by your Members in the last 12 months, and guide you to the most suitable amount of credit for the time period for which you wish to be a Member. At any time, or when all your credit has been used up, you can make an additional advance payment. Customers with annual budget restrictions who use up their advance payment before 12 months of Membership are over will be invoiced at renewal time with the additional charge.
How do I keep track of the use of my advance payment?
Quarterly statements are sent out providing the Member administrator with a breakdown of the advance payment amount, articles published and their cost and the final balance. In addition, administrators will be informed by their Sales Representative when the advanced payment is getting low.
Chemistry Central's currency charging policy
If you place an order or request a quote you will be quoted/charged our US Dollars, Euro or GB Pounds rate dependent on the location of your institution as follows:
- US Dollars: North America.
- Euro: Euro Zone.
Where VAT is applicable payments must be made in GBP in accordance with UK tax laws. If you have any questions about VAT please contact your Sales Representative.
- GB Pounds: All other countries.