12. How does Chemistry Central make money?
We promise that access to the research published in all our journals will remain free. However, as there is no charge to access the research, our journals levy an article-processing charge on all published research articles. Waiver requests are considered before the manuscript has been submitted; Chemistry Central journals routinely waive charges for authors from low-income countries, and individual waiver requests are considered on the grounds of hardship on a case-by-case basis. Authors from institutions that are Members of Chemistry Central do not have to pay the article-processing charge as it is covered by a payment from their institution.
- What is the relationship between Chemistry Central, PubMed Central and PubMed?
- Why publish in a Chemistry Central journal?
- How is continued open access availability of my articles guaranteed?
- Are Chemistry Central's journals peer-reviewed and what is their copyright policy?
- What is Chemistry Central's editorial structure?
- Is Chemistry Central a pre-print server?
- How can one cite articles published online in Chemistry Central journals?
- Do Chemistry Central journals have Impact Factors and are they citation tracked?
- Are Chemistry Central articles included in PubMed and other bibliographic databases?
- What journals does Chemistry Central publish and what sorts of papers do they contain?
- What does it cost to publish in a Chemistry Central journal?
- How does Chemistry Central make money?
- Are articles published in Chemistry Central journals available in printed form?
- How can users find the most relevant articles and the most important articles published in Chemistry Central journals?
- How can I ensure that I receive Chemistry Central's emails?
- Does Chemistry Central support access from mobile devices?