7. How can one cite articles published online in Chemistry Central journals?
To ensure accurate citation tracking, articles are cited in a way that closely reflects traditional citation. However, since many articles are not printed, basing citation on page numbers is not appropriate. Instead, almost all online-only articles in journals published by Chemistry Central are cited in the form:
Journal name Publication Year, Volume:Article number
Chemistry Central Journal 2010, 5:43
Geochemical Transactions 2006, 7:2
Journal of Cheminformatics 2009, 1:17
PDFs of these articles have numbered pages, but the numbers are not part of the citation.
For precise information on how to cite articles from a particular journal, visit that journal's website.
- What is the relationship between Chemistry Central, PubMed Central and PubMed?
- Why publish in a Chemistry Central journal?
- How is continued open access availability of my articles guaranteed?
- Are Chemistry Central's journals peer-reviewed and what is their copyright policy?
- What is Chemistry Central's editorial structure?
- Is Chemistry Central a pre-print server?
- How can one cite articles published online in Chemistry Central journals?
- Do Chemistry Central journals have Impact Factors and are they citation tracked?
- Are Chemistry Central articles included in PubMed and other bibliographic databases?
- What journals does Chemistry Central publish and what sorts of papers do they contain?
- What does it cost to publish in a Chemistry Central journal?
- How does Chemistry Central make money?
- Are articles published in Chemistry Central journals available in printed form?
- How can users find the most relevant articles and the most important articles published in Chemistry Central journals?
- How can I ensure that I receive Chemistry Central's emails?
- Does Chemistry Central support access from mobile devices?