Article-processing charges FAQ
Research staff and students at European Molecular Biology Laboratory EMBL:Do you realize that you can now publish in journals published by BioMed Central without directly paying any article-processing charges? Payment of your article-processing charges can be covered by European Molecular Biology Laboratory EMBL's Prepay Membership. Authors will need to obtain a submission code in order to do so. Please, contact the EMBL Szilard Library (email@example.com) for further information and concerning the options of obtaining a code. Read more informationabout publishing your articles with us.
- Why do Chemistry Central journals have article-processing charges?
- What do the article-processing charges pay for?
- How much is Chemistry Central charging?
- Does Chemistry Central offer discounts on article-processing charges?
- Are any taxes included in this charge?
- To which articles will this charge apply?
- Why a flat charge rather than one based on page numbers?
- Who is responsible for making the payment?
- Which funding agencies explicitly allow direct use of their grants to cover article-processing charges?
- How do I pay?
- Can charges be waived if the author cannot pay?
- Will I have to pay if my institution is a Member?
- Will the APC rate I am given at submission change?
- Do authors from low-income countries have to pay APCs?